Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rasoul UPDATE

According to the State Board of Elections, Sam Rasoul, Democratic hopeful in the 6th Congressional District, voted in the 2005 Republican Primary. In doing so, he skipped voting in the Democratic Primary the same day between Chap Peterson and Leslie Byrne. He also did NOT vote in the 2006 Democratic Primary between Miller and Webb.

This certainly doesn't prove that Rasoul has been and maybe still is a Republican, but it does bring into question his dedication to the Democratic Party. When will Rasoul address this issue?

5 comments:

kestrel9000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kestrel9000 said...

Fixing typos:

I'm still trying to figure out why a former chair of the JMU College Republicans cares about loyalty to the Democratic Party one way or the other.

Zak Moore said...

Kestre--This is a political blog. I find the Rasoul Republican story interesting so I wrote about it. I think that about covers it.

You seem to know who I am. Who are you?

Lockhart2024 said...

I don't think the fact that Sam voted in the Republican primary is that big a deal. I remember debating which primary I was going to vote in that year. My reason being that I liked both Chap and Leslie, but I thought one of the Republican candidates would be a lot better than the other Republican candidate (you could probably guess which one).

As for 2006, it's kinda sad that Sam didn't vote in the primary, but it's not the end of the world.

Josh H. said...

Looks like your post has brought a whole bunch of light to Sam's campaign:
http://notlarrysabato.typepad.com/doh/2008/04/no-thanks-sam-r.html