Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hager for Chairman

Today I got a slick mailing from Jeff Frederick--the Northern Virginia Delegate who is running for State GOP Chairman. Boy, this looks just like a campaign piece. And they are expensive! He must be raising some decent money.

I haven't really weighed in on this race or given it much thought, but here goes. We've had 3 Chairman in the last 2.5 years. I bet most Republicans haven't a clue who they were. I myself had to think a minute. No one can argue this is good for the party. I think it shows how weak the party has become. I've always liked John Hager and he seems to be doing a good job. He inherited a tough situation and deserves a full two year term to turn things around.

John has participated at all levels of this party. He came up from the local level. He was our Lt Governor. He's run several Statewide campaigns. He's good at raising money and he's been around long enough to know everyone. We need some stability in this party. Now is not the time to change horses again. And I don't think Frederick is the right horse regardless. Vote for Hager.

No comments: